I went a little nuts with buying wide leg pants recently...one of which was this cute pair of sailor-inspired pants from Forever 21! I also get a bit nautical crazy this time of year, so anything with anchors and gold buttons tends to pique my interest. But other than the obvious beach-appropriate nautical outfits, I wanted to try styling a work outfit that still incorporated some sailor style.
Here are some key elements I like to include in any of my nautical-inspired looks, whether it be for the beach, or for the office:
- The foundation: every great nautical outfit starts with something navy!
- Gold accessories: from statement necklaces to earrings or a watch
- White accents: a crisp blazer or purse
- Orange accents: not a must, but a pop of bright orange pairs nicely with the navy
- Brown sunglasses: brown matches the gold, white and navy beautifully
Believe me, as the weather gets even nicer, you're bound to see a whole lot more nautical style here on Vancouver Vogue!
Shirt - Talula (thrifted via Value Village) | Necklace - Nobis & Grey | Pants - Forever 21 | Watch - Fossil | Heels - thrifted via Value Village | Purse - JustFab
Happy Styling! xo